[Hidden-tech] Google Analytics question - using prior data?

Dan Green dan at thegreeninternetgroup.com
Mon Apr 12 10:10:23 EDT 2010

Hi Andrew,

There isn't a great way to import the data back into a new account.

If it isn't critical you can keep the old account active so you can
manipulate the data and look at past performance in all the usual ways.

I'd consider creating a series of relevant benchmarks from the historical
data in Excel and using as these as references when setting new goals. I
think you'll be surprised how rarely you'd look back once you did this. If
you really need to find something you can do the comparison in Excel. I
doubt you will find the need.

If I'm not mistaken your site hasn't been live that long and you don't
appear to have sales, goals or event actions tracked. My guess is you have
basic data. If you are just getting into more advanced use of GA then
starting fresh with historical benchmarks and new goals will probably serve
you well. I've dealt with this a couple of times and would be happy to show
you what I'm talking about.

Dan

Dan Green

President

The Green Internet Group

Office: 866.506.1923 | Cell: 413.658.8470

http://www.TheGreenInternetGroup.com <http://www.thegreeninternetgroup.com/>