[Hidden-tech] hidden tech book "born" today - money-making opportunities

Amy Zuckerman az at a-zinternational.com
Thu Mar 19 12:19:10 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Today is the official publication today of our "baby." It's called "2030: A
Day in the Life of Tomorrow's Kids."

James Daly, founder of Business 2.0 magazine (now part of the FORTUNE/Time
Warner family), is co-author as you can see at www.2030book.com. He was
until recently editor of EDUTOPIA (George Lucas Foundation pub) and is now
editor of GreatSchools -- an online zine and organization with 1.4 million
circulation.

To say Jim is connected is an understatement. He is friends with every tech
editor who matters in this country, lives in Silicon Valley and has a sister
in Cummington. So he is just as much happy valley as Silicon Valley. Plus,
he's a great guy who is happy to get folks PR through his network AND hire
writers, sales people, publicists, etc . ..

We have just hired Mikal Weiss, the wonderful Noho-based lawyer who
discovered Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird and turned them into a Ninja
Turtles empire. At the height of popularity, I'm told they grossed hundreds
of millions of dollars EVERY MONTH. Plus, Kevin connects to George Lucas of
Star Wars fame who has promoted "2030."

I am seeking people willing to actively promote the book in home towns and
metro areas. For you efforts you will receive a percentage of revenue stream
as it comes in if you are willing to work with my PR team to reach
bookstores, newspapers, radio/TV.

 If you just want to do this for fun and to meet some of the top PR, media,
TV and Hollywood professionals signing on to translate this book into film,
shows and animation. One of them is Judith Williams, formerly a CBS news
producer and now selling specialized insurance and other related products to
businesses nationwide. She's based in Amherst and is the wife of Larry
Jackson (see below).

I already have a verbal agreement with our Larry  -- former studio exec at
three huge Hollywood studios and currently working on getting his I-ArtHouse
downloadable film library up and running as a going business. Stewart
Cheifet, formerly an ABC news engineer and on-the-air newscaster (long ago),
is flying east from San Jose, Calif. to discuss creating various TV shows
from the book. He has created "Computer Chronicles" and "Internet Cafe" from
his Stewart Cheifet productions studios and has been developing a program on
medical devices, along with working with NASA. Stewart is both hilarious and
a very shrewd business man who always welcomes talented folk to join his
ventures.

Then, on the museum front, I'm working with a very prominent museum
consultant named Mary Case (DC-based) on museum exhibition spins and
bookstore sales. She has over 500 museum clients nationwide. Again, very
accessible top those who can help her build her business.

I have been talking to our own Mike Levine and Paul Hake about video
game/animation spins. Gretchen of Media Showers in Noho (last name spelling
eludes me) has developed a video short advertiser that will be tested at the
opening "2030" party, 3/28, Amherst Books. Start is 10 a.m., but it  will
last as long as people arrive. Come have some coffee cake, cheese/crackers
and take a bow as this book would not be here without many of you.

Amherst-based Youssef Fadel is handling promotional product development. Our
own Afranion Torres- Neto -- HT board member and Web designer -- is now the
builder of the 2030 Website backend. And Copy Cat Printing has developed
bookmarks, posters and flyers for 2030. They are gorgeous.

Kate Korolov, Maria Korolov''s (formerly Trombly's), is the 2030 web site
photo editor. A HT writer/editor to be announced is probably going to act as
editor of the website. I am hoping to create an online magazine in time and
tap our own Dan Green as e-commerce advertising subcontractor.

It's been my dream to create a business with HT members. Now it is
happening.

In time, I will be working with one of the Amherst Public Schools elementary
schools to build curriculum. A teacher buddy in NJ is running a pilot right
now.

For those interested in helping on PR, find me at az at a-zinternational.com. I
can't promise direct access to the big name folks, but I can try if you have
a viable proposal to make. Voiceover folks like Jill Connolly would be top
candidates, along with  Web designers, screen writers, advertising and PR
people, back end Web folk, and on and on . ..

Hope to see you on March 28 OR at our next Valleywood II program on May 12.
If you want to attend other 2030 events they are posted on the website. The
Eric Carle Museum, Odyssey Books, Green Fair in Franklin County, Colonial
Theatre in Pittsfield, and many more, are taking a ride to a green,
tech-friendly future with me, Jim and our great illustrator John Manders.

Come with us, OK?

best,

Amy Zuckerman
HT Founder