[Hidden-tech] Mind Mapping Software

Ross Grant dearross at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 14:55:17 EST 2009

Hello, everyone.

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend mind mapping software to
organize a large amount of information.

I use hand-drawn mind maps frequently to organize projects or to
collect my thoughts, and I've used the basic free program, FreeMind ( http://freemind.sourceforge.net
  ). Before weeding through the many other options, I thought I should
check with you all.

Specifically, I need something that will allow me to easily scale up
or down the map through multiple hierarchical layers. The same file
should be able to present broad and detailed views, and to shift focus
from the primary node to secondary nodes. I would like to produce a
series of PDFs with different nodes as the focus of their own map, as
well as a broad view of the entire map.

Thanks for your help,
Ross

--