[Hidden-tech] Restaurant websites built using Adobe Flash?

Tom Kopec t_e_k at comcast.net
Thu Jan 22 13:24:37 EST 2009

At 09:52 AM 1/22/2009, Info @ WinansCreative.com wrote:

>We had cases where SEO wasn't that big a concern to our client, and
>we explained the risks/benefits of using Flash well in advance. The
>goal was to get people to spend more than 20 seconds on the site
>looking for just their info, so that they could really experience
>what the brand was all about.

IMHO, this is a serious problem. You are wasting my time for your
(client's) goals. In general, if I get stuck in eye candy when I'm
looking for information (MY goals), I will go somewhere else if possible.

While I'm ranting, I generally surf with sound off because of all the
noisy websites out there. I'd really like to be able to leave sounds
on, but it is just too distracting and annoying, not to mention a
waste of bandwidth.

Just my $0.02, foe what it's worth..

...tom