[Hidden-tech] Spectrotel alternative to Verizon home phone service,

Shel Horowitz shel at frugalfun.com
Sat Dec 26 11:50:10 EST 2009

At 9:26 PM -0500 12/25/09, Andrew Bellak wrote:
>    ** Be sure to fill out the survey/skills inventory in the member's area.
>    ** If you did, we all thank you.
>

>Dear H-T,
>
>Happy merry to all!
>
>Without getting into the gory details, I need an old school phone
>line at home.
>
>VOIP will not do the trick.
>
>Someone suggested a company called Spectrotel (www.spectrotel.com)
>as a less expensive competitor and I'd like to ask the group if
>anyone has any experience using this company.
>
>ATT might serve my area but is the same price as Verizon.
>
>I've done the math on our usage and unlimited plan seems to make the
>most sense vs. bare bones and a la carte local, regional, and long
>distance.
>
>Thanks,
>Andrew

We went off the Verizon unlimited plan, thinking that between cell
phones and Skype we didn't need it. Within two months, we were back,
and at that point had to take a slightly more expensive plan that
included unlimited calling to Canada. Other than the price, I have to
say I've had no complaints.

Shel Horowitz - 413-586-2388/ shel at frugalfun.com
-->Join the Business Ethics Pledge - Ten Years to Change the World,
One Signature at a Time  (please tell your friends)
<http://www.business-ethics-pledge.org>
Marketing consulting * copywriting * publishing assistance * speaking
How to market ethically/effectively: http://www.frugalmarketing.com
Ethics Blog:  http://www.principledprofit.com/good-business-blog/
Books: http://www.frugalmarketing.com/shop.html