[Hidden-tech] making the leap to MP3 player

Robin MacRostie rmacr at choreographicdesign.com
Wed Dec 16 19:55:26 EST 2009

HI Techies

All my portable CD players are died.   I need to make the leap into
Ipod.  I say ipod, because it seems to be the industry standard and
I'm a mac person.

I don't plan to put my entire music library on a player.  I need
something low cost that will store enough music to drag to a rehearsal
and a reasonably portable  and audible speaker system.

I dont' need to newest, but I dont' want something about to go
obsolete and unsupported.
How much memory is reasonable?
What is the difference between a shuffle, a nano and a touch?
What speaker docks are god and cheap?

Advice is appreciated - as always
Robin

Robin MacRostie