[Hidden-tech] Mac or PC?

B. Kimo Lee bklee at azurelink.com
Thu Oct 30 12:25:46 EDT 2008

Hi Dina,
Another vote for the Mac platform. Been using them since the old SEs.
Much more stable operating system these days. Mercury just went
"direct" the other week, so you're good to go in terms of buying
now. ;-)
I hope you'll be getting something with a larger display. I love the
24" screen on my main workstation! I use a smallish firewire drive for
my workfiles that I bring with me when I'm on the road and need to use
my book. I think that the fact that you're already familiar with Macs
is a good reason to stick with it.
Good luck!
Kimo

On Oct 29, 2008, at 12:11 PM, Dina Polizzi wrote:

>  ** Be sure to fill out the survey/skills inventory in the member's
> area.
>  ** If you did, we all thank you.
>

> I'm a graphic designer and have been using Macs since the late 80's
> when they were developed. My latest Mac was a G4 Titanium Laptop,
> which I purchased about 6 years ago. I  spent the last 3 years doing
> marketing and events, with only side graphics jobs. Now that my
> graphics works has picked up again, I realized I have to buy a new
> laptop.
> My question:
> Is the Mac still superior to the PC in graphics, audio and video
> editing?
> I know the Adobe Pro suite and the Macromedia suite are cross
> platform. Many people are using PC's for audio and video editing.
> And everything for Mac is more expensive.
> I have to update soon, I'd love to hear some feedback.
> Thanks,
> Dina Polizzi
> Imagi Design Studios
> dina.javanet at rcn.com
> 413-367-2644
>
> _

AZURELINK  ::  "Simply Connected!"
Web Site Design & Scalable, Managed Web Hosting
Joomla! Content Management System Implementation
eCommerce Development
58 Cottage Street, Suite 1
Amherst, MA 01002-2125
New Telephone: (413) 306-4248