[Hidden-tech] Scan to PDF

Videatives at aol.com Videatives at aol.com
Thu Mar 27 07:13:09 EDT 2008

Only one reply to David mentioned OCR.   I know that many recipients neede
the document to be searchable and even editable.   This would not happen if
JPEGs were converted into a PDF.   I have an eBook on my website that is 200 pages
of JPEGs.   The file size is huge and the text is not searchable.   However,
I took me a day to do it instead of two weeks.   OCR (optical character
recognition) takes much more time and often has to be mannually corrected for typos
and formating, particularly if the pages have photos and charts.

Best,
George

Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on
AOL Home.