[Hidden-tech] Rent time on T!?

Philip Garrow phil at garrow.com
Sun Mar 16 17:06:45 EDT 2008

Hi Arlen:

If you are planning on going to a location that has a fast connection to run
your demo, then it is clear that you are planning on running this demo on
your computer, not your customer’s computer.  This being the case, why not
just install a web server on your demo machine and serve yourself your own
demo slides at little more than just the lag of your own hard drive?  The
Apache web server (the open source industry standard), is free to download
and install for practically every platform, or you can use the web server
that comes with most versions of Windows, or most current versions of the
Mac OS.  This approach being cheaper, easier, and reliably faster than a T1
connection, as your hard drive usually has a faster data transfer rate than
your network interface.

                                    Just my $0.02

                                                Regards, Phil Garrow

Mechanical Designer