[Hidden-tech] Treehugger.com full time Webmaster/Software Engineer sought, apply directly to them

andrew bellak andrew at stakeholdersinc.com
Tue Mar 18 20:17:48 EDT 2008

Dear H-T members,

Here's a job posting from a site I like to frequent so I'd thought I'd pass
it along.  TH claims to be a virtual company although they are 'based' in
NYC and now owned by Discovery Channel.  Please apply directly to
Treehugger.com and not to me :-)

-Andrew

webmstr-jj-001.jpg

Here is a great opportunity to combine your career goals with your life
values and join a great team. TreeHugger, the leading website dedicated to
helping individuals lead a sustainable life, is looking for a.

We are looking for that rare individual who can work with customize
pre-packaged applications as well as develop custom programs. You are self
managed, very organized, and detail oriented. You take pride in both
external and internal customer satisfaction and take time to understand the
business needs of the company and continuously suggest and implement the
required improvements.

TreeHugger is a virtual organization, so you need to be comfortable working
from your home office. You have solid written communications skills and are
comfortable using online audio/video/file collaboration tools. Location is
not important but you will be expected to work a normal business day east
coast time.

Specifics:

We use Movable Type, phpads/openads, MySql, Sitemeter, Google Analytics
A solid administrator level knowledge of the LAMP Architecture
Comfortable using Linux commands and developing shell scripts
Skilled manipulating graphics and Flash
Detailed knowledge of all components/aspects of the WWW such as, browser
idiosyncrasies, creating client side Javascript, CSS, server side PHP,
server configuration, log file analysis
Access to Windows PC (XP or higher) and high speed internet a must

If you are interested in combining your technical skills with your passion
for the environment please email your resume, cover letter, and salary
requirements to ken @ treehugger . com

Of course our servers don't look like the pics above -- you also need a
sense of humor to work with us.

Andrew Bellak

Andrew at stakeholdersinc.com

413-549-4589 home / office