[Hidden-tech] online PR and article

Edbride-PR Ed at edbride-pr.com
Wed Mar 12 12:07:26 EDT 2008

Re: [Hidden-tech] online PR and articleThanks for clarifying that. You're right, the "push" services are quite different from the service you describe, and I'm going to look into that one.

If I understand snipurl correctly, Business Wire does have a similar service, called Expert Source. Members lists their expert sources (themselves, client execs, etc.), and then as opportunities arise, BusWire brings them to your attention. It is a free service of BusWire, although membership is required (membership in BusWire is now free, also).

The cost to push a release on Business Wire can range from less than $200 to a much bigger number, depending on word-count and geographic circuit used. I'm not sure how the others work, but with Business Wire, any business/trade periodicals are included free with the paid distribution to general media. So, when the target is a trade or business market, as opposed to local, regional or national daily newspapers, my clients just use the cheapest circuit (yes, regardless of geography), and check-off the categores of the business/trades that are of interest. Wire services and Internet databases are also included automatically with any paid distribution.

Hope this helps,
Ed