[Hidden-tech] More packrat stuff... files off an ms-dos system?

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Thu Jun 12 16:39:26 EDT 2008

At Thu, 12 Jun 2008 14:16:14 -0400 Rikk Desgres <all at pinehurstpictures.com> wrote:

>    ** The author of this post was a Good Dobee.
>    ** You too can help the group
>    ** Fill out the survey/skills inventory in the member's area.
>    ** If you did, we all thank you.
>

> This discussion is fascinating. Considering we are in the age of Blu-Ray,
> Solid State Media and 1 TB hard drives. I'd be hard pressed to find anything
> on my computer that would actually FIT on a 720K floppy these days.

I have lots of files, including whole programs that would fit on a 720k
floppy (MicroEmacs 3.10 does, except for the libncurses.so.4 library).
Oh, the power of plain ASCII text files -- lots of info, small disk
usage.  Actually, all of my resumes would fit:

-rw-r--r--  1 heller users 103K Jan 10 11:32 Deepwoods/MonsterCom/RobertHeller/RobertHeller-0.13_PDF.tar.gz
-rw-r--r--  1 heller users 127K Jan 10 11:32 Deepwoods/MonsterCom/RobertHeller/RobertHeller-0.13_PDF.zip

(Not that I would bother putting them on any sort of floppy.)

--
Robert Heller             -- Get the Deepwoods Software FireFox Toolbar!
Deepwoods Software        -- Linux Installation and Administration