using a smartphone as laptop modem - Re: [Hidden-tech] Re: unlocking cell phones - how's Sprint for 3G 'roundthese parts?

Christofer deHahn cdehahn at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 18:35:40 EST 2008

It depends on your carrier and plan. Sprint limits unlimited data to 5GB
only on their wireless modem and Phone As Modem (PAM) plans. If you have a
Sprint cellphone plan with unlimited data, there is no limit. There are ways
to tether undetected so that you will not need a PAM plan for your phone. I
have a WiFi phone, and use a freeware application (WMWifiRouter) that turns
my phone into a WiFi router. I just start the application on my phone and
connect my laptop to it like an access point. Works great.