[Hidden-tech] unlocking cell phones - how's Sprint for 3G 'round these parts?

Arlen Collins acollins at rxemedia.com
Thu Dec 18 13:41:37 EST 2008

The good news is that T-Mobile has a decent policy for unlocking phones.  When I last checked, they required the phone be on an active plan for 3 months.  My brother who lives in Indonesia half the year got them to do it immediately  when he got his new phone, but he had been a long term customer.  I also travel to Asia nd wanted the flexibility to install SIMs while there.  I got a T-Mobile pay as you go quad-band phone.  After 3 months they gave me the code.  One thing you might want to try is going in and making their unlocking of the phone conditional on your signing up with T-Mobile.  It is a competitive business.