[Hidden-tech] Report - Governor Patrick signing Broadband Bill in Goshen

Charles Heath htcontact at town-website.com
Mon Aug 4 19:25:35 EDT 2008

Here's a photo of Deval Patrick preparing to sign the broadband bill.
I've sent it as a link rather than an attachment, pictured left to right
standing are Mitchell Adams, the Executive Director of MTC; State Rep
Steve Kulik, our hilltown (and Goshen's) rep; and State Senator Stanley
Rosenberg of  Amherst; behind Senator Rosenburg is Congressman John
Olver.  Governor Patrick is seated, joking with kids who gathered at the
table for the signing.

http://town-websites.com/docs/GovernorSigning.jpg

Someone from Verizon was acknowledged by Senator Rosenberg; the bill's
focus is providing incentive for private investment, with bonds backed
by the state, to the extent that I understand it.  I also noticed a
Crocker Communications T-shirt in the crowd.

The governor arrived in what looked like the same SUV that was parked
out in front of La Veracruzana  in Northampton a couple months ago.  I
believe every parking space along Route 9 in Goshen was occupied for the
first official visit by a governor to the town.

I was there to promote my firm's service, developing municipal websites
for towns.  We focus on towns like many of those that do not yet have
broadband access, both in Massachusetts as well as elsewhere across the
country.  Our press release link is below, and an excerpt from our
mission statement:

    /*Town Websites mission is to provide cost effective technology
    services for small government and nonprofit organizations. We think
    technology should be an equalizer, not a barrier, for small and
    rural organizations.
    */

http://town-websites.com/docs/PressRelease.RuralBroadbandSigning.pdf

Charlie Heath