[Hidden-tech] Apple users BEWARE: major iweb bugs

Tom Adams tomadams at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 23:36:51 EDT 2007

Hello fellow hidden techies,
I had quite a drama unfold this wknd related to my installing Apple's new
iLife 08 package...it started out real ugly and turned out beautifully...but
I thought you should all be aware that there are still many people having
troubles after installing the new version of iLife.  the following two
blurbs document the trials and tribulations of installing new
software...fyi:

*morning of 9/16:*

Hi folks,

As many of you may know from previous posts, I'm a big fan of Apple

and all their fun loving little apps that make me actully look forward

to working on the computer for much longer than I should...

However, I'm not one of those maniac fans who is blinded by Apple's

soft and fuzzy light and won't admit when there's trouble...

Which is why I'm alerting you fellow Apple users to be very careful

when installing ilife 08....particularly iweb.  It is full of massive

bugs that won't even allow you to publish your site.  iweb was just

fine in ilife 06 but, even with the most recent update to iweb,

there's major troubles...

hopefully will recognize the massive outpouring of complaints on their

user forums and fix things real quick...

I would suggest holding off on installing, reading the user discussion

groups on apple's support page and waiting for the fix...

hope this helps someone out there... and so it goes...

*approx. 6pm 9/16:*

hmm, looks like the folks in cupertino (apple) have been working
hard...after following a few suggestions on the apple support page and
discussion forums...my iweb sites are back up and working splendidly.  i
won't say that my last email was a false alarm...but it does look like a lot
of the issues have been resolved already...not sure how...but everything is
working just fine now...except for visitor counters aren't showing up.

if anyone needs any help installing ilife 08 i might be able to give a few
pointers.