[SPAM] [Hidden-tech] Blackberry question

Paul Stallman paul at alias-solutions.com
Wed Nov 21 11:21:07 EST 2007

Just to clarify for you, email does not sync on a Blackberry with your
desktop. It only works Over the Air.  I just went through a month trying to
figure this out.  To use email on the Blackberry you have to subscribe to
either a BIS email plan, a BIS web/email plan or a BES plan.

The BES plan uses exchange server, the BIS plans let you put in up to 6 POP
or IMAP email addresses that then forward to and from your phone.

I have a Blackberry Curve from T-Mobile and it works great.  I love the
phone.  Having a BIS plan is definitely worth it, it really expands what you
can do with the phone.  By downloading Opera on it functions almost like an
iPhone.

Paul Stallman

Managing Director

 <mailto:paul at alias-solutions.com> paul at alias-solutions.com