[Hidden-tech] Job Opening: Exec Director, Safe Passage, Northampton, MA

Dan Kirsch dtkboomer at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 11:51:05 EDT 2007

Safe Passage is celebrating 30 years of providing shelter, counseling, legal
referrals, disability services and advocacy to women and children affected
by domestic violence.  The new Executive Director will be a strong voice for
social justice in the region, will engage the community in Safe Passage's
efforts and will promote our understanding of domestic violence as a public
issue, not a private one. We seek an inspired and strategic director who
will expand funding sources through innovative collaborations, refined
message development and focused relationship building, The Executive
Director will strengthen the efforts of a skilled and dedicated team already
engaged in this work - staff, board and volunteers. Reporting to the Board
of Directors, the Executive Director will oversee programs, operations and
fiscal management, which includes shelter and community services for women
and children, grants management and fundraising.  Our administrative offices
are located in downtown Northampton, MA, the center of the culturally
vibrant and scenic Pioneer Valley.  Safe Passage offers competitive salary
and benefits.  We invite passionate and dedicated leaders to apply for this
opportunity to guide Safe Passage as we envision the next 30 years

* *
The ideal candidate will have:

· Knowledge of and commitment to issues involving diversity, disabilities,
non-violence and anti-oppression, especially in ending violence against
women

· Experience in fundraising from foundations, corporations, public agencies
and individual donors

· Four years director-level experience, including program development and
financial management

· Experience supervising a diverse, multicultural staff

· Proven success with government agency contract negotiations

· Demonstrated community outreach and media relations skills

· Experience leading an organization through a strategic planning process

· Bachelor's degree or higher, or substantial equivalent experience

· Excellent communication skills; bilingual Spanish/English a plus

Send letter and resume by *August 10 *to:* *ED Search Committee, Safe
Passage, Suite 304, 43 Center St., Northampton, MA 01060 or
EDSearch at safepass.org

We encourage applications from women and people of color.

*www.safepass.org*

--
Dan Kirsch
Florence, MA USA