[Hidden-tech] Mac on a windows network

David Haines david at coresolutiongroup.com
Thu Jul 26 12:03:14 EDT 2007

On Jul 25, 2007, at 8:21 PM, Reva Reck wrote:

> Does anyone know about putting a Mac on a windows-based network
> either as part of a domain or a workgroup? I need to let windows
> users access files & a printer on the mac. If this is complicated,
> my client can pay for some consulting time. I don't want to get
> into a whole Win vs. Mac thing here. There's one Mac user - the
> graphics guy - on an existing Win 2003 & XP network.  Thanks, Reva
> --

Hi Reva.

You'll want to use DIrectory Access (Applications/Utilities) to set
the Windows workgroup.
There may be other concerns and considerations (Mac OS X does not
support the default Win2k3 authentication settings, etc.)

Beyond that, this is something we do on a regular basis (support a
few Macs in an otherwise all-Windows network, and vice-versa).
Contact us if you like.

David Haines,
Core Solution Group
www.coresolutiongroup.com