[Hidden-tech] intro and invite to networking dinner

Shana Bourcier shana at infiniteworth.net
Thu Jan 25 16:50:42 EST 2007

Hi H-T friends~

I am new to the community and very interested in participating and getting
to know you.  What a great resource!

As an intro, I grew up in Ludlow, attended Mt Holyoke (French Studies), and
now live and work from home in the idyllic hills of Hampden with my six
children, ages 1 to 13.  Out of college, I worked at Monitor Company
(www.monitor.com <http://www.monitor.com/> ), advising Fortune 500s in
competitive strategy, with a particular interest in global dynamics.  (I'm
more of a collaborative strategist now, just for the record.)  I also worked
a season in venture capital and as Director of Development setting up
schools for ESL on the West Coast.  I home educate my kids (educational
philosophy is another passion) and consider myself a kind of "Renaissance
woman," I guess; a "big picture" girl and avid reader with inclinations
toward revolutionary, transcendent, transformational ideas and paradigms.  I
love www.flowidealism.org <http://www.flowidealism.org/> , www.omidyar.net
<http://www.omidyar.net/>  and www.marcusbuckingham.com
<http://www.marcusbuckingham.com/> , for example, and am working on a mix of
entrepreneurial initiatives right now, all with an eye toward cultural,
economic and spiritual renewal.  Social enterprise, venture philanthropy,
"underdog" empowerment through technology, elimination of poverty. these are
the kinds of ideas that fire my spirit!

Anyway. I am also Founding Managing Director of the Western Mass chapter of
eWomen Network.  eWN is connecting women throughout the US and Canada
through events at 113 locations and the website (it gets 200,000 hits a
day).  Women are on the move and I want to catalyze the dynamic.  My dream
is to build a beautifully diverse community of enterprising women, very
giving and supportive, celebrating and empowering for success regardless of
scale or scope of endeavor.  I'd like to invite H-T women (and curious,
courageous men?) to a networking dinner event at the Delaney House next
Tuesday evening, Jan 30, 6-9 pm.  For more info on the event and to register
online: https://events.ewomennetwork.com/event/details.php?eid=5404.

Call or email if you have any questions or want to say hi.  (I hope I
haven't broken any self-promotion rules.  I am a good doobee.)

Shana

Ps - I'm looking for an au pair.  Working with an agency, but could use
someone local to hold me over for now.

Shana Ferrigan Bourcier

PO Box 569

Hampden, MA 01036(

home 413.566.8443 cell 413.626.2708

 <http://www.infiniteworth.net/>

Managing Director

eWomen network - Western Mass

 <http://www.ewomennetwork.com> www.ewomennetwork.com

"it takes teamwork to make the dream work!"

Chief Visionary Catalyst

Infinite Worth Enterprises, Inc.

www.infiniteworth.net