[Hidden-tech] Re: Referral Commissions...

DAVID F. FARKAS david at farkas.com
Sun Oct 29 12:55:57 EST 2006

At 02:04 PM 10/28/2006, Shel Horowitz wrote:
>The whole idea of karma points is they don't actually get measured.
>They are a way of putting good energy into the universe, and often,
>it seems that the universe finds a way to give back. Certainly if I
>in turn am asked for a referral, and I have a choice of someone who
>refers people to me vs. someone who doesn't, it isn't hard to figure
>out who gets the referral. Or, if someone has been nice to me and
>sends me referrals, and they have some quick questions that I might
>charge a stranger to answer, I'd probably just answer them. Or maybe
>buy them a cup of coffee sometime. Or be sure to send a
>congratulatory note when something good happens. Or, or, or...you get the idea.

Thanx Shel...

I asked because I know of a company that has a 'Karma Points' program
that accrues as quasi-cash for future services.

The idea I just got is to bank the Karma Points as a fund to pay for
services for people in need who cannot afford my fees. Kind of a 'Pay
it Forward' idea. The referring person foregoes their commission so
that someone else can get a benefit. For many people that will be
higher incentive than the cash. Everybody wins.

I almost always do one or two pro-bono jobs for individuals (I often
do public buildings and trouble spots as well) each month. This would
expand that reach without a substantial drop in my bottom line and
expand word-of-mouth. Yay!

Thanx for being the catalyst for that.

Blessings,
David