[Hidden-tech] Comcast v. Verizon

Chris Duncan, GISmatters duncan at GISmatters.com
Tue Oct 10 16:12:58 EDT 2006

This discussion is of particular interest to me at this time.  I have been
using Verizon DSL for 2+ years in Amherst and have essentially no
complaints.  I have found the service to be reliable and "as advertised" in
all respects, and customer service to be adequate and available.

We are about to move (home office included) up the road a mile or so, and
there is no DSL available at the new address, so it seems our only option
is going to be Comcast.  I'm wondering if responders to this thread could
further indicate whether there's anything they recommend during the order
and setup of Comcast service to minimize problems.  For example, maybe the
last chance I'll have to get any customer service is when they come to set
it up (as I'm told they will)... anything I can do to maximize use of that
opportunity and make sure things are going to run smoothly?  Any special
configurations or service plans from them that will give me less grief than
some of what's being reported here?

Also, I'm considering a bundle from Comcast that includes phone service...
pros/cons on that service?

Thanks,

Chris

--