[Hidden-tech] Comcast v. Verizon

Giannina Granata Silverman gsilverman at rocketranchdesign.com
Tue Oct 10 18:57:51 EDT 2006

Hi Guys,

I've had Comcast cable internet for my home office for many, many years
with nary a glitch.
It's been super reliable, every time I've moved (even into rural areas).
They have improved customer service greatly in the last 5 years.

My only problems with "service" have actually NOT been related to
Comcast. Such as dead cable modems, fried during some electrical storms.
(Lesson learned: surge protectors are a good thing!) And any problems
with my slow or delayed email, have been related to my email host (not
Comcast). Also, one time my connectivity problem was simply an old,
beat-up Ethernet cable (yeah, my pre-wireless days). The problem was
fixed by a quick trip to Radio Shack for a new cable.

So, my bottom line: Comcast has been good to me. A little pricey but
very reliable.
It's expensable on your taxes if you use it for biz purposes.

As to your question about bundling cable phone with cable internet: I
believe Vonage is actually cheaper than Comcast's bundle. So I use
Vonage for my tel, and it works really well with my Comcast. It's been
nothing short of awesome for me.

Hope this helps!
-g

--