[Hidden-tech] Self Employed Health Insurance

Daniel Fried dan at creativeconstructs.com
Wed May 10 09:41:06 EDT 2006

Lisa,

If you're self-employed or own a small company, check with your local
chamber of commerce.  They often get good group rates with the only caveat
being membership in the chamber, through the Easthampton chamber we have
complete family (2 adults + dependant children) HMO/PPO coverage (not
catastrophic) for a bit over $600/month.  I would guess they have
catastrophic plans for less.

There are other business associations with similar deals, but I don't
remember them off the top of my head, it's been a while since I researched
this.

-Dan