[Hidden-tech] Self Employed Health Insurance

Don Lesser dlesser at ptraining.com
Wed May 10 09:32:13 EDT 2006

Good luck. Short of moving to Canada or working for a company that provides
it, health insurance is a problem. Our solution was to join a group, such as
the Chamber of Commerce, and get health insurance through them. Chamber
membership has other benefits (networking, business opportunities, support),
but it does cost $150-$300 per year, depending on the number of employees
and the specific chamber. You'd have to figure in all of these costs, of
course. I am not up on the various plans, but I am sure you can get quotes.
This is certainly an opportunity for Hidden Tech to join a group (perhaps
through RTA) to provide health insurance.

You will also spend a lot more on a family plan since most family plans
assume you have several children and charge accordingly. By way of
comparison, our health plan is $338/mn for individuals and about $840 per
month for a family, but we have the more usual co-payments and some drug
coverage. We get ours through, I believe the Noho Chamber of Commerce and
use American Benefits Group as administrators.

Don Lesser

Pioneer Training, Inc.

14 Bobala Road

Holyoke, MA 01040