[Hidden-tech] cell phone plans?

Mary Malmros malmros at verizon.net
Tue Mar 14 09:27:38 EST 2006

Living in the hills, I dropped my cell phone service, but it looks like
I'm going to have to resume it again -- even though I can't get any
service at my home, and don't really have any use for it up here in the
hills.  However, it looks like I might be spending my work weeks
somewhere where it makes a lot more sense.  I don't know exactly where
that is, and of course as a contractor, that will be changing -- I might
have a road warrior job, or I might be essentially stuck in one location
for months on end.

So I thought I'd ask the assembled what they think about their plans,
and whether anyone's got something that might match.  Here are my criteria:

NEED TO HAVE
- Individual plan
- Minimum 300 daytime minutes a month, max 600
- Nationwide coverage
- No weird hidden fees
- Customer service that is something better than abysmal

NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT WORTH PAYING EXTRA FOR
- Some coverage in Shelburne Falls
- Unlimited nights and weekends

THINGS I REGARD AS A STUPID WASTE OF MONEY AND TIME
- A gazillion ringtones that just make you look like an idjit when your
phone rings
- Picture phones

Anyone got a carrier that's not a collection of clowns?

TIA,

Mary Malmros						malmros at verizon.net
      Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.