[Hidden-tech] Donating Computers- Ideas

James Triplett jm-hiddentech at vj8.net
Thu Feb 23 15:51:49 EST 2006

> Hi all,
>
> As a place that in the past had gotten inundated with "donated"
> equipment that was not in working order, we had closed our doors to most
> donations and recycling efforts.  However, we are actively negotiating
> with an organization that specializes in reconditioning and reallocating
> used equipment to offer trade-in and donation services.  If you have
...snip...

> Lastly, if what you have is a closet full of junk and happen to be
> located out in the Berkshires, Variety Trucking (Sherri - 413-684-3810)
> hauled monitors and PCs for disposal for a client of ours in the
> Berkshires in Fall of 2004.  You might want to give them a try (but have
> your checkbook ready).

All us hidden-techies probably have a closet with lots of old techno-stuff
that could perhaps use a new home (I know I do).  It occurs to me that
someone should sponsor a Computer/Tech tagsale (perhaps on Amherst Common,
like the annual Furniture Sale; or more likely inside).  There is a
monthly such sale in Cambridge, run by some MIT students- that is very popular.

It could generate lots of interest- both with those of us who need to unload
and those who need more gadgets.  I would love to have a place where I
could lay out a big pile of this stuff and have it be recycled.

random idea...

James