[Hidden-tech] mailing list services

Jonathan Dill jfdill at jfdill.com
Thu Aug 17 16:24:06 EDT 2006

Hello folks,

I maintain a few Mailman servers, but at times this can be a
high-maintenance operation for various reasons.  I am looking into
possibly reselling mailing list hosting for certain cases, like
non-techie customers who want to send newsletters to 500-2,000
subscribers, but the tech support has to be very good and responsive,
and the web interface should be easy for a non-techie user to use.
Listbox looks good, but I am not sure if they have a partnership
program.  I am looking for services for a fee without advertising where
the e-mail can appear to come from the sender's own domain (not from the
list hosting service).

Does anybody have any recommendations?

Alternatively, I may look into ways to "dumb down" the Mailman
interface, or alternative mailing list software that will be easier to
support for non-techie users.  Or I could just raise my rates to cover
what it really takes to provide support.  I'm hoping to find some middle
ground that will be a better deal for the customer as well as less
headaches for me.

Thanks,
Jonathan