[Hidden-tech] StopSprawlMart.org Goes Live! Amherst Launch Event: Nov. 5th!

Aron Goldman goldman at policydevelopment.org
Sat Sep 24 11:01:44 EDT 2005

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - 9/23/05

Contents:
1. StopSprawlMart.org is live! (www.StopSprawlMart.org)
2. Launch Celebration: Saturday, November 5th, at 11 am, on the
Amherst Town Green
3. StopSprawlMart Store now open: www.cafepress.com/stopsprawlmart
4. Contribute to the campaign: www.stopsprawlmart.org/contribute.htm
5. Forward this message to others

1. StopSprawlMart.org is live! (www.StopSprawlMart.org)

StopSprawlMart.org is a Pioneer Valley, Massachusetts-based campaign
whose goals are to: A) Get the word out about the rising tide of
sprawl in the Pioneer Valley, with a particular emphasis on Wal-Mart;
and B) Mobilize people, organizations, governments, and companies to
slow the march of sprawl in the region (or stop it). With the planned
expansion of the Hampshire Mall for a Wal-Mart "Supercenter" as a
focal point, we will try to address the incredible multitude of
negative impacts on:

- The environment
- The local economy
- Vibrant downtowns
- Domestic and foreign labor
- Traffic
- Scenic beauty, open space, and agriculture
- Overall quality of life

2. StopSprawlMart Launch Celebration: Saturday, November 5th, at 11
am, on the Amherst Town Green

Please mark Saturday, November 5th, 11 am, on your calendar--that's
when we'll launch the campaign with our first big rally/celebration
on the Amherst Town Green. Bring your whole family. VIP speakers,
music, dancers, a big bus, stuff to buy, family fun!

3. StopSprawlMart Store now open: www.cafepress.com/stopsprawlmart
Go to the StopSprawlMart Store and buy a t-shirt for yourself, a
messenger bag for your sister, a mug for your boss — or purchase our
buttons in bulk and distribute them yourself! (www.cafepress.com/
stopsprawlmart)

4. Contribute to the campaign! (www.stopsprawlmart.org/contribute.htm)

We simply cannot do what we have set out to do without your financial
support. Contribute online, over the phone, or by mail. Check or
credit card. StopSprawlMart.org is a project of Policy Development, a
(501(c)(3) nonprofit organization (www.policydevelopment.org). As
such, your contribution is tax-deductible, and legally restricted to
direct StopSprawlMart activities. More details:
www.stopsprawlmart.org/contribute.htm .

5. Forward this message to others!

And post it to listservs and discussion groups. To receive occasional
announcements from StopSprawlMart.org in the future, sign up for our
"announcement-only" Google Group here: http://groups.google.com/group/
StopSprawlMart-Alerts/about . (This is not a discussion group--you
will only get occasional announcements from StopSprawlMart.org
organizers.)

Thank you!

Aron Goldman, Executive Director

Patricia Loomis, Project Manager

Natalie Diffloth, Design & Communications

The StopSprawlMart.org Advisory Board:
Al Norman, Sprawl-Busters, (www.sprawl-busters.com)
Janet Shenk, Deputy Director, Wal-Mart Watch (www.walmartwatch.com)
Michael DeChiara, Executive Director, Community Partners
(www.compartners.org)
James A. Habana Hafner, Ph.D., Natural Resource Management and Policy
Consultant
Mary Scipioni, Landscape Architecture Consultant
Sanford Lewis, Attorney, Strategic Counsel on Corporate Accountability