[Hidden-tech] Re: Faceless, on-line, networking orgs

Jim Ussailis ussailis at equinox.shaysnet.com
Fri Sep 16 15:16:30 EDT 2005

I find those orgs are a fine tool to redistribute my money into
their pockets. For those that charge, of course. As far as the free ones:
"Anything for nothing is worth that."

>From what I have seen, they havn't a clue about classifing what I do,
and even less of a clue on how to market. They are great, however, at
telling me how great they are.

What works for me is an on-line data base connected to my professional
org. I belong to three of these. The charge is $79, $75, and $25 / year.
Does it work? Often I go for years from only contacts that have come from
the first two of these orgs.

It is the cheapest advertising that I could ever find.

If any of you are into / or associated with electrical eng or computer
science, they join the IEEE, and the associated Consultants' Networks.

I also have received work from several for-profit consultant orgs. These
are run by individuals that work hard at finding work. They typically
charge 10% of cash in. None of them has a web page. The phone and
satisified customers is their network.

Jim Ussailis

jim at nationalwireless.com