[Hidden-tech] Salesforce.com v. Daylite

Jonathan Dill jfdill at jfdill.com
Wed Nov 30 17:08:27 EST 2005

I'm using eGroupWare (eGW) which has some CRM capabilities, like InfoLog
which is a call logging app, but I am not a heavy CRM user per se, it
might be adequate for some people.  There is an online demo--I was
having trouble accessing it a minute ago, but it will probably be back
up later:

http://www.egroupware.org/egroupware/login.php?cd=1&domain=demo

eGW is free and open source, and there are companies that sell eGW
hosting.  If you have an LDAP directory, you're golden, but I think it's
going to take a year or two for synch with Exchange and Palm OS devices
to be stable and for the setup procedures for those functions to be
well-documented.  It is possible to sync "manually" by exporting /
importing data with several formats available.

For tech geeks, it has some nice features like a built-in Wiki, Trouble
Ticketting System, a file manager for sharing files, embedded Coppermine
Photo Gallery, and a Project Management module which can generate GANTT
charts.  I use the photo gallery a lot to upload scanned documents like
meeting notes and screen shots, sort of like a poor man's PaperPort.

Jonathan