[Hidden-tech] Job posting for web designer

Edbride-PR Ed at edbride-pr.com
Wed Nov 23 11:08:27 EST 2005

Karen Christiansen at Berkshire Publishing advises of the following job opening; pass it along as you may see fit.

Ed

WEB DESIGNER, GLOBAL PUBLISHING PROJECTS

Berkshire Publishing Group seeks a collaborative, marketing-oriented Web Designer to help create, launch, and maintain several world-class web sites by working with our on-site team (database, editorial, design). We'd prefer to work with someone near enough to come in for meetings, and pizza, but a sizzlingly perfect designer based somewhere else would be fine, too.

Berkshire Publishing Group is an award-winning knowledge and technology company based in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, a small town in the Berkshire Hills of western New England. We're a new kind of publishing enterprise, linking networks of experts and organizations, creating books and databases that meet specific needs, and being part of global communities of knowledge in areas ranging from leadership to converging technologies.

Qualifications, Attributes and Skills:
. Strong HTML site creation skills - HTML, Javascript, CSS;
. Management of overall site structure, navigation, maintenance of sites;
. Graphic design ability and training;
. Use of graphics and web design tools from Adobe and Macromedia such as Photoshop, Dreamweaver;
. Understanding of search engine optimization procedures;
. Experience with blogs, forums, on-line submissions, web graphics;
. Must be able to complete tasks, work proactively as an individual, and interactively within a group;
. Must have real world experience or equivalent education, references and job descriptions of previous places of employment.

And a sense of humor. You'll need it to become a true Berkshire hand.

Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to carrie at berkshirepublishing.com, with links to previous work and examples of your capabilities along with a brief description of your involvement in those projects.

Applications to Carrie Owens, Subject: Web designer, carrie at berkshirepublishing.com

Karen Christensen
c.e.o., Berkshire Publishing Group
+1 413 528 0206 | Skype: karenschristensen
karen at berkshirepublishing.com
Blog: www.berkshirepublishing.com/blog