[Hidden-tech] Streaming Audio

Christofer deHahn dehahn at charter.net
Sat Mar 12 00:22:14 EST 2005

> Does anyone have any suggestions for streaming audio?  I am streaming mp3
> audio for a client off of a site (http://www.provokeradio.com) using m3u
> playlists.  The client has said that on multiple occassions she and other
> have recieved the messgae, “The server cannot accept any more streaming
> connections at this time.”

> Is there some simple tweak we can do to IIS that will fix this problem?
> (Despite being set to unlimited connections and bandwidth, the server is
> still choking).

While there may be a setting in the streaming audio server that can be
tweaked to get more throughput, you have to look at the whole system
end-to-end. You may wind up pushing one problem deeper into the back end.

What class of server, and what kind of storage system is delivering the
content? What does the cpu and memory utilization look like? Is there I/O
blocking present? Is all the content on single disk, non-RAID volumes? Are
you sharing network bandwidth, and what is the utilization?

Feel free to contact me offline and I'll try and help you out.