[Hidden-tech] Three topics...

Rich rich at on-the-net.com
Tue Mar 8 20:24:30 EST 2005

Hello DAVID,

DFF>    ** This message was posted by a good Hidden-tech Member
DFF>    ** who has helped the group by filling out the survey/skills
DFF>    ** inventory in the member's area.
DFF>    ** So Please signin today and add your information.

DFF> I'd like your help with three things...

DFF> 1)  Credit Card Merchant Accounts...
DFF> I need an inexpensive Merchant Account vendor that provides on-line virtual
DFF> terminal for phone orders and with whom I can set up a web site shopping
DFF> cart account in the future. (one vendor that does both?) Right now I just
DFF> need virtual terminal.

DFF> I've been pointed to Retriever and to Authorize. Anyone have experience
DFF> with either of them?

We just did a detailed analysis (well in Dec) and also choose Echo -
their prices were very good, and there still is no cost for a month
with no activity.

We specifically liked that they are very open (openecho.com) and
comparable with APIs for integrating the cc functions with our
servers.

DFF> 2)  Tablet PCs
DFF> Anyone have experience working with tablet PCs? Suggested brands? Features?
DFF> Vendors? Issues? They seem like just the right combination of the features
DFF> of a PDA on steroids and a laptop.

For a very expensive surcharge.

DFF> 3) LCD Projector...
DFF> I'm looking for an LCD projector on the cheap. Does anyone have a unit they
DFF> don't use and would like to turn into a small amount of cash? <g>

I bought a used one a while back, well, 2 years for $1200, they are
probably a lot cheaper now -- be careful since those bulbs are very
fragile, only last a few 100 hours AND expensive -- I had one go on
me - $140 to replace.

--
Best regards,
 Rich                            mailto:rich at on-the-net.com