[Hidden-tech] External Drive ?

David Spound dspound at mac.com
Sat Jun 4 08:45:23 EDT 2005

While I have had no such problems, I have seen reports of Firewire drive
failures that occurred after Mac OS updates were performed while these
drives were plugged in. The best procedure seems to be unplugging all
peripheral equipment from the Mac prior to updating the OS.

In addition there seem to me many complaints about LaCie drives, though some
report success after firmware updates. Also, Firewire 800 drives seem more
problematical than those using the older Firewire 400:
http://www.macintouch.com/firewirereader04.html

Personally, I have had great luck with OWC drives:
http://www.macsales.com/

David

David A. Spound
david at spound.com
(413) 219-0654

Web site development and management
Strategic technical consulting and project management
Macintosh computer installation, training & support

on 6/3/05 11:09 AM, Giannina Granata Silverman at