[Hidden-tech] Our Skills Inventory in Action!

A - Z International az at a-zinternational.com
Wed Jul 6 13:05:42 EDT 2005

Hi all,

Just returned from a round-table meeting at Hampshire College where two
alums met with faculty from the five colleges and others in the community
about locating a product development company here. The main company is
called BOLT INC. and is located in NYC. It's a combined media/social
networking (for teens) portal. You can check it out if you're curious.

Not surprisingly, work force and salaries came up as key concerns and
motivators for making a move to some place like the Valley. With tremendous
pride and delight I was able to point them to our new Skills Inventory for
detailed evidence that we have the networking and programming skills they
seek. And one of the earlier reports I worked on with Western Mass.
Electric Co. had information on salary ranges.

So thanks to WMECO and to all of you who have filled out our surveys.
Thanks to taking that 15 extra minutes a super company make locate here --
or certainly knows about you -- and there could be work coming for some HT
members.

My aim is to get cracking on the financial and customer-base data you have
provided. But there's a need for funding to do this properly, so I'll keep
you posted.

Happy summer and hope to see some of you at Tanglewood on Aug. 14 for our
picnic and afternoon of music with Berkshire HT members.

best,

Amy Zuckerman
HT Founder/co-chair