[Hidden-tech] Problems with Comcast connection

Gordon Alexander galexander at rnasystems.com
Mon Jan 17 12:09:56 EST 2005

>From what I read, it seems performance is a factor of how far you are
>from the CO. Does anyone know how far Montague is from a CO?

I'm sure there's a CO in Montague- there's one in most every little town.
Look for a small white stucco or small red brick building with a bell on it
:)

DSL degrades FAST with distance (old copper can barely handle voice- it just
wasnt ever designed to handle data), so you might be able to get 720k right
at the CO, 540k 500 yards away and 384k 1500 yards (a mile or so) away.
Usually they'll sell you what you want to buy, and then once they test the
line tell you what you can actually have.

Best regards,

Gordon Alexander
RNA Interactive Systems
PO Box 483