[Hidden-tech] Problems with Comcast connection

Anne Campbell annebcampbell at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 15 18:38:31 EST 2005

Rick Roberts <fwroberts at mac.com> wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone is using Verizon DSL? I'm still waiting to see
> if it's really available on my line in Montague, but it's $25/mo
> instead of Comcast for $46/mo.

We had Comcast cable modem service in our old house in Sunderland, and had very
occasional connection problems - nothing that a reboot of the cable modem, or
just waiting a few minutes, didn't solve.

Now we're in Shelburne Falls and have had Verizon DSL for the last two months.
Aside from a little slowness in turning on the service (we moved in November 1
and got service around the 10th), we've had no problems at all. Installation
was very easy; they sent the router in the mail with a little CD-ROM that
walked me through the process. The service is cheaper, and the only "service
interruptions" are when we bump the Ethernet jack and it jars loose!

Hope that helps -
Anne

=====
Anne Campbell, annebcampbell at yahoo.com