[Hidden-tech] Problems with Comcast connection

Les bithits at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 15 13:26:08 EST 2005

Hi all,

I had intermittent connection problems with Comcast for months, and it
turned out to be nothing more than a rat's nest of splitters and extra
cables hidden in my basement, which a Comcast tech found and fixed.
Seems the previous owners were a bit creative with their wiring.

I never would have guessed the problem, because of the flakey symptoms.
Every day (especially during bad weather), my modem would lose sync in
the middle of the afternoon. I was convinced that it was due to some
other Comcast issue, not something is simple as my own crappy wiring...
:)

Having said all of that, I found the Comcast support people in my area
(South NJ) to be very helpful and good to deal with. Of course I'd
never use Comcast for TV service, but for non-tech reasons. Just my
$.02.

 - Les Johnson