[Hidden-tech] REQ: Native Arabic tester(s)

Chas Emerick cemerick at snowtide.com
Fri Jan 14 08:29:31 EST 2005

We are about three months from starting a development project that will
be focussed on processing Arabic text.  We are in a position to
complete the project because we have the technical skills to meet
requirements, but we are lacking in our ability to do reliable testing
and QA given an Arabic dataset.  Therefore, we are beginning to search
for (preferably) local people who have:

- the ability to read and write Arabic as their first language
- a better-than-average understanding of Arabic customs with regard to
grammar, style, page layout, etc

Bonus skills might include:

- some capabilities in other 'eastern' languages including Urdu, Farsi,
and Hindi
- a background in software development or testing
- knowledge of Unicode and/or other 'legacy' character sets that are
used to encode Arabic, Urdu, Farsi, Hindi, etc.

Eventually, we hope our business in these languages grows to the point
where we can employ a person (or persons) with these skills
permanently.  However, the work will be on an as-needed contracting
basis at least through the course of this year.

Please direct your resumés or other inquiries to me directly via email.

Thanks,

Chas Emerick
413.519.6365  |  cemerick at snowtide.com
Snowtide Informatics Systems

PDFTextStream: fast PDF text extraction for Java apps and Lucene
http://snowtide.com/home/PDFTextStream/