[Hidden-tech] temp health insurance

Jonathan Dill jfdill at jfdill.com
Fri Feb 25 21:06:26 EST 2005

Hello people,

I changed jobs and my new job has a 90-day waiting period for health
insurance and COBRA for my old job is $1300 a month!  I heard there's
such a thing as temporary health insurance that would just cover
emergencies that might be cheaper--we could always go to the 24-hour
clinic and pay out of pocket if someone just gets sick, it's only for a
few months.  I need coverage for me, my wife, and my daughter (who is 5
yrs old, just qualifying since insurance seems to handle it differently
if the child is over 18).  Also, I should mention that I live in
Maryland, so local MA things won't work for me, but info about national
plans and general advice will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jonathan