[Hidden-tech] March 10, 7PM: Local Software Developers Meetup

Chas Emerick cemerick at snowtide.com
Fri Feb 25 14:36:31 EST 2005

Every second Thursday each month, a group of software developers from
around Western Massachusetts and northern Connecticut gather to discuss
software, the experience of crafting it, and the business surrounding
it.  I wanted to provide a formal announcement of March's meetup to the
hidden-tech group, as I'm sure there are more software developers and
software entrepreneurs that would love to  spend some time with other
birds of a feather.

The next meetup will be on March 10th, 7:00PM at Rao's in Amherst.
Please take a moment to join the group and RSVP for the March 10th
meetup so we'll have some notion of how many people to expect:

http://python.meetup.com/110/events/4219072/

Technically, the group is organized as a Python enthusiast's meetup;
however, those that have attended in the past have a *very* broad range
of skills and experience, and conversation is always all over the
board.  To give you an idea of the diversity of topics discussed, I
remember these topics being among those touched upon at the last meetup
earlier this month:  python, java, J2ME development, network/remote
backup strategies and tools, midrange server and storage solutions
(RAID, NAS/SAN, blade configurations, etc), business strategies, and
some very amusing and fascinating stories from jobs long past.

I'm the 'official organizer' of the event, so please feel free to
direct any questions you might have to me.

Thanks!

Chas Emerick
413.519.6365  |  cemerick at snowtide.com
Snowtide Informatics Systems

PDFTextStream: fast PDF text extraction for Java apps and Lucene
http://snowtide.com/home/PDFTextStream/