[Hidden-tech] Re:Linux PC for under $500

prow prow at gis.net
Thu Feb 3 09:25:09 EST 2005

College Pro Computers in Hadley sells used PCs for $90 and used monitors
for $30.  They generally buy them up from departing students so stock
varies, but if you don't mind doing a Linux install yourself, you can
get a decent system for very cheap.  I bought one for my sister who
wanted it simply for email and word processing and it has worked great.

Also, I've bought barebones systems from bassotech.com and had good
experience.  Again, you'd have to do the install yourself.

Good luck!

Heather R. Row
26 Teaberry Lane
Amherst, MA  01002