[Hidden-tech] linux PCs

Jonathan Dill jfdill at jfdill.com
Tue Feb 1 15:49:12 EST 2005

Hello folks,

I'm looking for vendor / model recommendations to buy a Linux PC for
under $500 not including monitor.  I'm hoping to get something more or
less "off the shelf" like a "bare bones" PC and add some bells and
whistles later.  Quick turnaround time 1-2 weeks is essential.  The goal
is to have a basic working PC at home for office apps and internet
access until I can budget for something with more power.  I've built PCs
"from scratch" before, but found I didn't save much money that way, but
perhaps I am simply "over-designing."

Thanks,
--jonathan