[Hidden-tech] linux PCs

David Mertz david.mertz at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 17:38:03 EST 2005

> I'm looking for vendor / model recommendations to buy a Linux PC for
> under $500 not including monitor.

MacMini!

You can install Linux on it if you want, but it comes with a perfectly
good *nix OS already.  I happily run just about all the software I'd
run on Linux on OSX, albeit generally requiring a configure/make/make
install dance rather than an RPM/deb pre-built binary.  But even
there, Fink is pretty great for installing a lot of Free Software (in
short: it's a derivative of apt-get).

Yours, David...