[Hidden-tech] hosted service for Contacts Management

Matthew Lampiasi florenceit at comcast.net
Sat Apr 16 22:16:33 EDT 2005

Jonathan, great ideas - I posted some info on the forum in response too,
This has been a great thread I'm looking into implementing one of these
myself. I came across one hosted solution (forget who) that's ldap
integrated and they're charging $15 monthly (you were asking about
marketability). I also found:
http://www.hipergate.org/ and http://www.phprojekt.com/ (groupware
w/contact management) as I mentioned on the forum in case you missed it.
This freecrm and the sugar one mentioned look excellent.lot's of overlap
between the cms, crm and groupware. it's a bit overwhelming. Ive come
across only one commercial app (so far) that integrates with thunderbird.
I plan to install and checkout the free version of sugarcrm, and will
report if interested.
I would love to see someone take something like this and run, your
original feature set and particularly the email integration with
thunderbird sound very interesting.

--

Thanks,

Matt Lampiasi
413-303-9167
http://florenceit.net
Florence I.T. , Serving you and your community.