[Hidden-tech] Looks like we have a scam here

A - Z International az at a-zinternational.com
Fri Apr 15 16:51:08 EDT 2005

Thanks for the many, many people who wrote today to tell me they also heard
from the NRCC and that we may all be the victims of a scam.

There appear to be two efforts being made to get money and support from
unsuspecting business people:

One is to ask you to a dinner with the president and then hit you for money
(I saved this one on my phone machine);

The second is to offer you an award and then hit you for even more money.
(The Advocate wrote about that one).

I was particularly susceptible because of the SBA award and wondering if
something like this would happen. I really try to stay scrupulously
nonpartisan in all my professsional work and with Hidden-Tech, so I found
this difficult and troubling.

Please reach me if you, too, have had either of these experiences. I've
alerted regional and national media to this issue.

best,

Amy Zuckerman
Hidden-Tech founder, co-chair