[Hidden-tech] Outlook email question

Kevin McAllister kevin at inresonance.com
Fri Dec 10 11:19:22 EST 2004

on 12/9/04 9:02 PM, Rick Roberts at fwroberts at mac.com wrote:

> On Dec 9, 2004, at 10:10 AM, JoAnn Lawrence wrote:
>
> Hi,
>

> I¹m hoping someone out there has had experience with importing a
> comma-delimited file into Microsoft Outlook. My problem is that when I import
> an email address it does not appear as an address when I try to send a global
> email from the contact folder it¹s in unless I open up the contact record,
> delete the email address, undo the delete (to pop the email address back into
> its field) and then save and close. When I import over a hundred names and
> email addresses from my FileMaker database in this way, it¹s a hassle to go
> into every record and refresh the email address (so to speak) in this way.
> Does anyone else have any experience with importing email data from FileMaker
> into Outlook without having to go through this extra step?
>

> Thanks in advance for any insights.
>
> JoAnn Lawrence

Joann:

You might save yourself a great deal of trouble (what you are describing
here) but simply emailing directly from the database. There are a couple of
easy plug-ins for FMP that let you do that. We use SMTPit for all our
solutions.

Kevin

Kevin J. McAllister, President/CEO
inRESONANCE  ...  Ideas that resonate
kevin at inresonance.com                 |  Professional CMS websites for K-12
http://www.inresonance.com            |  Strategic consulting, training
413-587-0236x13  FSA Member since 1994|  Education database solutions