[Hidden-tech] Troubleshooting an Android smartphone...

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Mon Jul 22 18:57:48 UTC 2024

I have a completely working Android smartphone.  There are two apps that are
having trouble and I cannot figure out why.  It is an older model: a TCL
A501DL and it is running Android version 8.1.0.

The two misbehaving application used to work, but now they have odd
behaviors:

One, the FRTA Access app, crashes when I try to book a new ride. The app does
work on an IPhone7.

The other, the Amtrak app, hangs when I try to login (it says "Please wait"
with a busy animation.  The app *works* on an iphone7.

I am at a loss as to how to trouble shoot things.

I have deleted several apps in an attempt to free up memory.  There are
probably a few other apps I can delete.  There are some apps I don't use which
don't seem to uninstallable (they can be disabled) -- is there some trick to
really delete them?

(You are probably wondering: why don't I just use the IPhone7?  Well, it is
actually functionally, an IPod -- it has no connection to a cell provider.  I
*tried* to connect it to my Tracfone service, but that failed and it took a
long and difficult process to get service back to my little TCL A501DL -- the
tech support kept wanting to send a security code via SMS to my phone, but I
had no way of receiving it, since the TCL A501DL had been disconnected from
the service and the IPhone7 wasn't getting connected.  I don't know why the
IPhone7 wouldn't connect -- I do have a Tracfone sim card in it, although I
suspect that not having reliable cell service where I live did not help at
all.)

--
Robert Heller             -- Cell: 413-658-7953 GV: 978-633-5364