[Hidden-tech] Finding password to Apple ID

Alan Frank alan at 8wheels.org
Wed Jan 18 03:24:42 UTC 2023

For ridiculous and obscure reasons,* I need to confirm the password that
goes with my Apple ID.  I know the ID and am pretty sure the password is
one of a few possibilities, but need to determine which one by entering
it when prompted.  I have an iPhone 7.  I was told that if I try to get
an app from the App Store, I would be prompted for my password, but this
did not happen when I tried a couple of random apps.  Maybe because they
were free?  I don't see prices on anything.  I'm fine about spending a
token amount, if necessary, but hopefully there is a more
straightforward solution.

Thanks,

Alan

* My wife needs to get her iPhone wiped before transferring it.  The
tech went to do this and was, surprisingly, prompted to enter the
password for my Apple ID.  We were expecting that it would prompt for
hers.  So I need to figure it out so she can provide it to the tech.